CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) POLICIES Updated August 9, 2021
This is an evolving situation. Please check back often as we will adjust the policies below to be in harmony with the latest public health guidance.
Dear Valued Patients,
We appreciate the trust that you have placed in us to care for you and your dental health needs. As essential health workers and under the mandate from the state board of health, we have returned back to treating our patients. We are still very commited to providing excellent care and taking extra efforts to provide a safe environment for our patients. We will continue to do the following for your safety during the Corona virus pandemic:
- ALL individuals (patients and staff) will be screened for illness before entering the office. If you have any symptoms including, but not limited to fever, cough, & shortness of breath, please call our office and reschedule your appointment.
- We anticipate adjusting appointment times and lengths in order to ensure that patients do not need to wait in our waiting room or interact with other patients.
- We support the strategy of social distancing, which very likely will result in a modification of your scheduled appointment time.
- Please let us know when you have arrived for your appointment by phone.
- If you arrive early for your appointment, we ask that you wait outside in your vehicle. Once we have completed our sanitization procedures, we will welcome you in for your appointment.
- Please only bring someone with you if absolutely necessary (driver, guardian, etc.). Please no children.
- It is critical that you complete your registration forms online prior to arriving in the office at your scheduled time. Not doing so may require cancellation of your appointment.
We have always been and continue to be committed to keeping our office impeccably clean and sanitized. In response to the spread of COVID-19 in the community, we have increased the frequency of these cleaning routines.
All our staff will be wearing ADA recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during your appointment.
Again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We know that these and other changes may be inconvenient for both you and our office.
However, we are confident that together we can protect your health and make a difference in our community.
Our thoughts and prayers remain focused on all those affected by this contagious outbreak.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Cyrous Ardalan DMD, MS
Crescent City Endodontics